Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Molten Heart Pledge

(If you like the blog please spread the word and sign up to follow it on this site or on facebook. If you would like a question answered or to set up a counseling appointment send me an e-mail)

I hate when my clients, particularly women, treat others better than they treat themselves. I hate it when they settle for relationships with people who treat them poorly. I hate it so much that years ago I created a pledge for them to sign and promise not to do this anymore. I found it today when searching through some documents and I thought I would share it with all of you. If you have a friend you are sick of watching suffer, make them take the pledge. If you want a printable copy please just e-mail me and I'll send it to you.


The Molten Heart Pledge
(To be read out loud, line by line, and then signed)
I solemnly pledge
That from this day forward
I will give to myself
And demand for myself
The same love and respect
That I would grant to any other person
I will never settle
For a relationship with anyone
Who does not recognize my worth
And treat me with dignity
I will hold in my memory
That I have been told this day
By one whom I trust
That I am beautiful
Both inside and out
And if I hold to this pledge
I will find many
Who recognize my beauty
For I am as deserving of love
As any other person
I am an important, unique, individual
And the love that I have to offer
Is a marvel
of value beyond estimation
Signature_______________________
Witness________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment